CandyByte is a monthly post that gives you a taste of the Candybox #AgencyLife. From success stories to day-to-day shenanigans, satisfy your digital cravings here.
Our CEO, Darrell, often reminds us: “every year, let’s try something big that we have never done before.” You’d think after 11 years this would start feeling like mission impossible.
Our response? “Let’s host a big marketing conference.”
A few months later, we hosted our first big digital marketing conference!
Here is a recap of the month:
On November 28th, our team kicked off our inaugural Candybox Social, a conference dedicated to bringing all attendees up to speed on the latest digital marketing trends. We took pride in sharing practical steps that would help our guests capitalize on these opportunities.
I wish I could say it was easy, but the truth is that our team spent months ironing out every little detail of this event, including the choice of venue, the lineup of speakers, organized agenda, branded decorations, delicious treats, and much more! In other words, we wanted this to be perfect.
Needless to say, it was worth it!
I have witnessed the Candybox team engage in many epic collaborations but I have never seen the team come together as I did on this day:
- Darrell, our CEO, kicked off the event with an opening keynote presentation about three key trends that most businesses are not taking advantage of. He showed the audience how they can capitalize on these opportunities and gifted every single attendee with a copy of his newest book, Pick Up Your Freakin’ Phone.
- Julia, our Senior Campaign Manager, dove into the different ways your customers navigate through a website, while hilariously comparing it with guiding a drunk through a wild night.
- I had the pleasure of being the closing speaker of the conference by connecting my passion for branding with my love of the Toronto Raptors!
- Shout out to Campaign Manager, Jim, for rocking as the host and MC of the event!
This sold-out event also consisted of delicious food, colourful decorations, fun conversations, and a lot (A LOT) of sugary goods. Hey, we wouldn’t be Candybox if we didn’t have candy!
Since wrapping up this glorious Candybox Social, we received incredible feedback about all the value that our attendees received from this conference!
Here is what you can expect in the next piece of CandyByte:
- Our preparation for the Year 2020
- Our team gets festive for our Christmas Party
- Our intern shares more about his Candybox experience.
Want to see how the month unfolds in real-time? Check us out on Instagram!