We’re looking for a passionate and talented Digital Website Designer with excellent Project Management skills in the GTA.
This is a full-time position for candidates located within drive time of our Studio in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
As a Digital Website Designer, you’ll combine a diverse set of skills in Web Design, Digital Marketing, & Project Management to successfully complete projects in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, if this list sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- You love website design and have a portfolio to showcase your work.
- You have advanced WordPress knowledge and experience.
- You have a thorough working knowledge of Elementor.
- You have excellent (and proven) client management and communication skills.
- You have excellent project management skills and the ability to set goals and motivate others to drive the actions to achieve them.
- You understand digital marketing that works and can demonstrate best practices in UI design.
As a website designer you will have the chance to work with a variety of clients across industries, acting as the Single Point of Contact to manage, strategize, design, build & launch new websites. You’ll be responsible for the successful management, development and launch of creative websites using the WordPress page builder Elementor. Your goal will be to establish client relationships to effectively manage the flow of the project while maintaining timelines & deliverables. Working collaboratively with client partners, you’ll create websites that generate online leads and sales, demonstrating innovation and creativity, and expertly manage projects to deliver an end-product that clients love.
Candybox Marketing is an award-winning full-service digital marketing agency with studios in Oakville, Ontario and Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have been recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies 3 years in a row and have been listed on the Great Places to Work list for 2022. We are a team of innovative marketers looking to make the web sweet!
Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Hybrid (In-Studio + Remote)
- Work with clients in a variety of different industries to build new templated websites on-site, or virtually, in an average of 1-4 week period
- Schedule and host project kick-off meetings with client stakeholders, content reviews, and design presentations
- Determine the business objectives of the client and develop a web design and marketing solution
- Manage client expectations and communications to keep projects on track within defined timelines
- Create templated websites that help users understand who the company/organization is through images and content
- Present website designs to the client demonstrating digital marketing knowledge and an understanding of the client’s objectives
- Modify templates (Familiar with aspects of WordPress, Elementor, Envato) to populate client content, plugins, and forms
- Develop new ideas and innovative concepts that clients can use to generate online leads and sales
- Provide on-site or virtual WordPress and website management training and create tutorials to help coach clients to success
- Support the sales team if needed with forecasting projections for prospective clients
- Maintain up to date Toggl and Monday Boards as per department process requirements
requirements for the role
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Have 1-4 years prior website development or customer service experience (Project Manager, Digital Coordinator, etc) in Customer Service, Retail, Technology and/or Contact Centre environments.
- WordPress experience, intermediate or greater.
- Knowledge of popular WordPress themes and experience with WordPress page builders is a bonus.
- Experience using Elementor will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and working with other tools in the Adobe Suite of products.
- Be comfortable and productive working from home.
- Have an appropriate remote work set-up – such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
- Ability and passion for working independently. An entrepreneurial attitude, highly detail-oriented, and an aptitude for self-management are essential.
- Prior success working as a contractor or freelancer considered a bonus!
what we are looking for in a successful candidate
- Acts with Integrity
- Problem Solver
- Do what you say you will do
- Consistently demonstrates positive behaviour
- Takes Initiative
- Strong Work Ethic
- Detail Oriented
- Results Oriented
- Engage positively with others
- Builds Relationships
- Effective Listener
- Effective Communicator (sensory, written and oral)
- Achievement Driven
- Analyze and Predict
- Work well under pressure
- Positively acts on Feedback
what we offer
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits (dental, eye care, physio, medical, massage, and more)
- Quarterly bonus eligibility based on performance and company success
- Group RRSP Participation